Trust The Experts
Our 30 years of experience in the sports shoe industry have equipped us with the knowledge and understanding to assist you in finding the perfect pair of shoes for your specific sport and individual needs. We stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in sports footwear technology, ensuring that our recommendations are always relevant and reliable. You can 100% trust us and buy the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia.
Introduction To The Topic
Metatarsalgia is a condition where the ball of your foot becomes painful and inflamed. This is often caused by too much pressure on the ball of the foot when walking, running, or playing sports. Choosing proper footwear is crucial for managing and preventing metatarsalgia. The right shoes can provide cushioning, arch support, and shock absorption to take pressure off the ball of the foot.
In this blog post, we will discuss the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia. We will cover what features to look for, provide shoe recommendations, and answer frequently asked questions about metatarsalgia and footwear. Proper footwear can help you stay active and pain-free if you have metatarsalgia.
What is metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain)?
Metatarsalgia is a common foot condition characterized by pain and discomfort in the ball of the foot. Specifically around the metatarsal bones. It often arises due to excessive pressure or overuse and can be exacerbated by high-impact activities like running or wearing ill-fitting shoes. People with metatarsalgia may experience a burning sensation or sharp pain in the affected area, which can make walking or standing uncomfortable.
Treatment may involve rest, wearing proper footwear with adequate support and cushioning, using orthotic inserts, and managing underlying factors that contribute to the condition. Seeking professional medical advice is essential for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Causes Of Metatarsalgia: (Ball of Foot Pain)
High arches: People with high arches tend to have more pressure on the ball of the foot, which can lead to metatarsalgia.
Tight calf muscles: Tight calf muscles can pull on the plantar fascia and cause more pressure on the forefoot.
Improper footwear: Shoes with no arch support, cushioning, or a narrow toe box can exacerbate metatarsalgia.
Repetitive stress: Activities that place repetitive stress on the forefoot, like running and jumping, can cause metatarsalgia over time.
Bone spurs: Bone spurs in the ball of the foot can press on nerves and soft tissues, causing pain.
Arthritis: Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis can cause inflammation in the metatarsal joints.
cure or manage metatarsalgia: (Ball of Foot Pain)
Related To: 5 Best Tennis Shoes For Achilles Tendonitis
Related To: Best Tennis Shoes For Ankle Support
Best Tennis Shoes For Metatarsalgia : Men And women, Expert Opinion
Here we chose the best of the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia. You can buy anyone blindly out of our selection because it is based on deep research and 30 years of our experience.
1: K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express 2 Tennis Shoe
The K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express 2 Tennis Shoe provides responsive cushioning, comfort, and support that make it a top choice for metatarsalgia. The Hyper Foam midsole cushioning absorbs impact to reduce pressure on the ball of the foot while still providing a responsive ride. The roomy forefoot and wide toe box allow ample space for toes to spread out naturally, reducing compression.
The synthetic leather upper is durable yet flexible to allow natural foot motion. Combined with a non-marking rubber outsole and mesh lining for breathability, the Hypercourt Express 2 provides the features needed to help relieve metatarsalgia pain and discomfort during tennis. If you suffer from metatarsalgia, these shoes can help keep you moving on the court in comfort.
- Rubber sole
- AÖSTA 7.0 RUBBER COMPOUND: High-density outsole provides unsurpassed durability from heel-to-toe.
- 180 PSC PLANTAR: A 180 degree thermal plastic Plantar Support Chassis that enhances mid-foot stability.
- SURGELITE: Lightweight, flexible, and durable cushioning technology for maximum comfort.
- DURAWRAP FLEX: A durable, yet light material that provides protection and flex so there is no break-in period.
- ORTHOLITE SOCK LINER: The unique open-cell structure of OrthoLite foam creates a moisture management system, helping to move moisture away and provide a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
2: New Balance Men’s 696 V5 Hard Court Tennis Shoe
The New Balance Men’s 696 V5 Hard Court Tennis Shoe is an excellent choice for individuals dealing with metatarsalgia. With its advanced features, it provides the necessary support and comfort to alleviate foot pain. The shoe incorporates the Abzorb cushioning system, which effectively absorbs impact and reduces pressure on the ball of the foot.
The wide forefoot and roomy toe box allow for natural toe splay, minimizing compression and discomfort. The synthetic leather and mesh upper offer a combination of flexibility and support, promoting a more natural foot motion. With its durable rubber outsole and Ortholite sockliner, the 696 V5 ensures optimal cushioning and comfort, making it one of the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia relief.
- Rubber sole
- Durable synthetic and mesh upper
- Full-length Ndurance outsole provides superior traction and durability to help get more wear out of the shoe
- Outsole material designed specifically for hard court play
- Herringbone outsole pattern
- Designed with a locked-down feel for a reliable fit
3: ASICS Men’s Court Speed FlyteFoam Tennis Shoes
What are the best shoes for metatarsalgia? The answer to this question is ASICS Men’s Court Speed FlyteFoam Tennis Shoes. These are an exceptional choice for individuals seeking the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia. These shoes are specifically designed to provide optimal support and cushioning to alleviate foot pain. The FlyteFoam technology in the midsole offers superior shock absorption and responsiveness, reducing pressure on the ball of the foot.
The supportive upper construction ensures stability during lateral movements on the court. With their lightweight design and excellent traction, the ASICS Court Speed FlyteFoam Tennis Shoes offer the perfect combination of comfort and support for individuals dealing with metatarsalgia, allowing them to perform at their best on the court.
- Rubber sole
- PGuard Toe Protector: Enhanced toe durability.
- Toe reinforcement:
- Trusstic System technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Flexible upper:
- Toe reinforcement:
4: K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe
The K-Swiss Men’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe is an excellent option for tennis players seeking relief from metatarsalgia pain. This shoe features responsive Hyper Foam cushioning in the midsole, which absorbs impact and reduces pressure on the ball of the foot. The roomy forefoot and toe box allow ample space for the toes to spread out naturally, minimizing compression that can aggravate metatarsalgia.
The flexible synthetic leather upper supports natural foot motion, while the breathable mesh lining helps keep feet cool and comfortable. The durable rubber outsole provides excellent traction on tennis courts. With its combination of cushioning, comfort, and support features, the K-Swiss Hypercourt Express is one of the best tennis shoes for metatarsal pain , allowing players to perform their best with less foot discomfort.
- Rubber sole
- AOSTA 7.0 RUBBER COMPOUND: High-density outsole provides unsurpassed durability from heel-to-toe
- DRAGGUARD: Located in the high wear areas of the toe and heel offering increased abrasion-resistance
- DURAWRAP: Provides an extra line of defense against excessive toe-dragging
- K EVA: Special formula EVA to provide maximized cushioning and enhance durability of the midsole
- ORTHOLITE SOCK LINER: keeps feet cool and minimizes the effects of perspiration
5: Babolat Propulse Blast All Court Men Shoes (White/Dark Blue)
The Babolat Propulse Blast All Court Men Shoes in White/Dark Blue are an excellent choice for individuals seeking the best shoe for metatarsalgia. These shoes are designed to provide exceptional support and cushioning to alleviate foot pain. The Power Belt technology in the midsole offers excellent shock absorption and stability, reducing pressure on the ball of the foot.
The roomy toe box allows for natural toe splay, minimizing compression and discomfort. The durable outsole provides excellent traction on all court surfaces. With their combination of support, cushioning, and traction, the Babolat Propulse Blast All Court Men Shoes are a reliable option for individuals dealing with metatarsalgia.
- Rubber sole
- SUPPORT: Because you want to feel safe either on the defensive or offensive, we have given the Propulse Blast Power Straps that add extra support for solid positions at all times.
- COMFORT AND SHOCK ABSORPTION: Because observation of the game and its movements is our core expertise, we have designed the KPRS-X system to protect your heels from impact throughout matches and training sessions. Its EVA foam insert has been placed and sized to protect you effectively at each heel attack.
- SOLE DURABILITY: By combining our expertise with Michelin’s, we offer players a dedicated sole for each court with an adapted rubber formulation.
- POWER STRAP 2: strong straps specially designed to better support the midfoot and perfectly suited to the lateral footwork that tennis requires.
- MICHELIN TENNIS: The Michelin rubber composition has proven its worth over the past 15 years and beyond, It offers a great combination of grip and durability to meet the extreme demands of tennis footwork.
6: Babolat Women’s SFX3 All Court Tennis Shoes
The Babolat Women’s SFX3 All Court Tennis Shoes are an excellent choice for women seeking the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia. These shoes are specifically designed to provide exceptional support and cushioning to alleviate foot pain. The Active Flexion technology in the midsole offers superior shock absorption and stability, reducing pressure on the ball of the foot.
The roomy toe box allows for natural toe splay, minimizing compression and discomfort. The durable outsole provides excellent traction on all court surfaces. With their combination of support, cushioning, and traction, the Babolat Women’s SFX3 All Court Tennis Shoes are a reliable option for women dealing with metatarsalgia. This shoes good for metatarsalgia.
- Rubber sole
- Best sneakers for metatarsal pain
- Babolat Women`s SFX 3 All Court Tennis Shoes are engineered to be more stable, comfortable, and breathable than past models for dynamic performance.
7: ASICS Women’s Gel-Dedicate 7 Tennis Shoes
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Dedicate 7 Tennis Shoes are a great option for women who suffer from metatarsalgia. These shoes have a wide toe box that allows your toes to spread out, which helps to reduce pressure on the ball of your foot. Gel-Dedicate 7 is the best sneakers with metatarsal support as well.
They also have a cushioned midsole that absorbs shock and a rockered sole that helps reduce pronation. This combination of features makes the Gel-Dedicate 7 comfortable, supportive, and a very special shoes that can help relieve the pain of metatarsalgia.
- Faux Leather sole
- Durable synthetic leather toe overlays:
- TRUSSTIC technology and wrap-up outsole: Improve stability
- TRUSSTIC technology and wrap-up outsole: improve stability.
- GEL Technology: Cushioning provides excellent shock absorption.
8: K-Swiss Women’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe
The K-Swiss Women’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe is a great option for women who suffer from metatarsalgia, or ball of foot pain. The shoe has a wide toe box that provides plenty of room for the toes to spread out, which can help to relieve pressure on the metatarsals. The shoe also has a cushioned midsole that absorbs shock and helps to protect the feet from impact. In addition, the shoe has a stiff sole that provides stability and helps to prevent the metatarsals from overextending.
The shoe has a wide toe box, cushioned midsole, and stiff sole that provide comfort and support, while the low heel drop and durable outsole help to prevent further injury. If you are looking for a tennis shoe that can help to relieve your metatarsalgia, the K-Swiss Women’s Hypercourt Express Tennis Shoe is the best sneakers for metatarsalgia.
- Rubber sole
- Synthetic Leather Upper
- Draggaurd Rubber & Aosta Rubber Outsole
- Molded EVA Midsole
- Molded Ortholite x40 Sock Liner
- Ideal for hard court or clay court playing surfaces
9: Brooks Women’s Ghost 14 Neutral Running Shoe
With plush, DNA LOFT cushioning underfoot, the Brooks Ghost 14 running shoes absorb hard impacts to prevent ball of foot pain. The wide toe box allows toes to relax and spread out naturally, avoiding squeezes on painful metatarsals. Smooth transitions are encouraged by the full-length segmented crash pad and arch support, taking pressure off the metatarsal region.
Weighing only 9.5oz, these shoes won’t fatigue your feet during quick tennis movements. Ghost 14 is the best women’s shoes for metatarsalgia. The breathable, engineered mesh upper keeps feet cool when the action heats up. For tennis players seeking relief from debilitating metatarsalgia pain, the Ghost 14 offers unbeatable cushioning and comfort in lightweight, supportive, and the best tennis shoes for ball of foot pain.
- Rubber sole
- THIS WOMEN’S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a smooth ride that won’t distract from the fun of the run. The Ghost 14 offers a simplified midsole construction which creates more seamless transitions. This Brooks Ghost 14 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance. We recommend ordering Brooks running shoes for metatarsalgia, 1/2 to one size larger than your dress shoe.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The Ghost 14 offers neutral support while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 13
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability – yet it feels lighter than ever. DNA LOFT now makes up the entire midsole, for a softer, smoother, ride.
10: ASICS Women’s Gel-Resolution 9 Tennis Shoe
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Resolution 9 Tennis Shoe is the ultimate choice for those seeking the best tennis shoes for metatarsalgia. Designed with a focus on comfort and support, it features rearfoot and forefoot GEL cushioning systems that provide exceptional shock absorption, reducing pressure on the metatarsals. The shoe’s spacious toe box allows for natural toe splaying, preventing discomfort and squeezing of the metatarsals.
With its Trusstic System and external heel counter, it offers excellent stability and arch support, ensuring proper weight distribution. Gel-Resolution 9 is the best shoes for metatarsalgia pain. Lightweight and equipped with a durable rubber outsole, this shoe combines metatarsalgia relief with optimal performance on the tennis court.
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- PGUARD technology: Helps increase durability in the outsole’s toe and heel area
- DYNAWRAP technology: Improves stability
- DYNAFIT upper: Improves flexibility
- AHARPLUS outsole rubber: Improves durability
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL technology: Improves impact absorption and creates a softer feeling at footstrike
Salient Features Of Tennis Shoes For Metatarsalgia
When choosing tennis shoes for metatarsalgia, there are certain features that are must-haves:
- Cushioning: Prioritize shoes with ample cushioning in the forefoot. This helps absorb shock and reduce pressure on the ball of the foot. Look for EVA midsoles or foam foot beds.
- Arch Support : Shoes with good arch support help distribute weight evenly across the foot, taking pressure off the forefoot. Look for contoured, molded foot beds.
- Shock Absorption : Cushioning systems in the heel reduce shock traveling to the forefoot. Look for gel inserts or air pockets in the heel.
- Wide Toe Box : A roomy toe box allows toes to spread out naturally, reducing forefoot compression. Avoid narrow, tight-fitting shoes.
- Lightweight : The lighter the shoe, the less weight and pressure on the forefoot. Look for tennis shoes made of mesh and synthetic materials.
- Flexibility : Some stiffness provides support, but shoes should still have some flexibility to allow natural foot movement. Bend the toe upwards before buying.
Pro Tips For Choosing the Best Tennis Shoe Size
- Get properly fitted at a shoe store for length and width. Feet swell during activity so fit shoes to your active foot size.
- There should be enough room to wiggle your toes but your heel should not slip when walking.
- Lace the shoes up properly so your foot feels secure. The upper should hug the midfoot snugly without pinching.
- Try shoes on at the end of the day when feet are largest. Wear the socks you plan to wear for tennis.
- Walk and move around in the shoes to make sure they stay comfortable with activity.
- Consider custom orthotics if you have very high arches or flat feet. These support the foot in the shoe.
How to Get Batter Fit in New Tennis Shoes
- Wear them at home for short periods to gently break them in before playing tennis.
- Stretch the toe box by bending the front of the shoe upwards. This widens the area for toes.
- Use a shoe stretcher inside the shoe overnight to gently stretch it.
- Insert orthotics or insoles right away if needed for support.
- Start by wearing the shoes for 30–60 minutes at a time to allow your feet to adjust.
- Wear thick socks while breaking shoes in to reduce friction and blisters.
- After a couple weeks of wear, shoes should mold to your feet.
How to Care for Your Shoes
- Allow shoes to air out and dry out between wears to prevent bacteria and odors.
- Use shoe trees to help shoes maintain their shape when not being worn.
- Wash canvas or mesh shoes in cold water when dirty. Air dry.
- Wipe leather or synthetic shoes with a damp cloth. Use leather cleaner when necessary.
- Replace insoles every 4-6 months or when they become compressed.
- Have your shoes professionally cleaned every 6 months to keep them in top shape.
- Examine outsoles regularly and replace shoes when the tread is worn down.
- Store shoes on a shelf, not on the floor, to prevent damage. Keep pairs together.
Related To: Best Tennis Shoes For Bunions
Related To: Best Tennis Shoes For Sciatica
Metatarsalgia is a common foot condition that causes forefoot pain, but proper footwear can make a big difference in finding relief. Be sure to select tennis shoes that have ample cushioning, arch support, shock absorption, and a roomy toe box. Getting properly fitted shoes in the right size is key to reducing pressure on the ball of the foot. Along with stretching, orthotics, and activity modifications, wearing shoes designed for metatarsalgia can allow you to stay active comfortably.